Turismoroma is the city’s tourist portal. It provides information about events, restaurants, transport plus a great deal more interesting details and is run by the Dipartimento Grandi Eventi, Sport, Turismo e Moda.
The Office’s responsibilities are the following:
- Management of tourist welcome services: Tourist Infopoints, call centre for cultural events 060608, sale of Roma Pass, internet desk;
- Organization of promotion events in Italy and abroad;
- Raising Rome’s profile in Italy and abroad;
- Participation in Italian and international tourist fairs;
- Coordination of projects aimed at increasing influx of tourism during low season;
- Tourist publications to promote itineraries on the subject of the city’s historical and cultural legacy;
- Coordination of welcome services in the historic centre;
- All-purpose welcome Help desk;
- Monitoring for abuse in the accommodation business sector.