FAQ | Turismo Roma
Live Rome, discover Rome
Tourist services and cultural offer
Your tailor-made trip

Social Block

You are here


1. Can I receive visitor's promotional materials (brochures, maps, booklets, etc.) to my address?
Unfortunately, we are not able to send visitors promotional materials. However, in Rome, there is a network of Tourist Information Points  located in the centre of the city, at the central station and at the airports which, besides assisting the tourist by answering questions about tourism, culture and hospitality in the city of Rome, distribute a wide range of promotional materials, including the map of the city centre.
Our Tourist Infopoints are open 365 days a year, from Monday to Sunday. They are situated throughout the City's historic centre, as well as in the main terminals servicing tourists to Rome.

Calling the 060608 Contact Centre or visiting the www.060608.it website, you can have information on tourist services and reception, on the cultural offer and events in the city.
The 060608 Contact Centre is open daily from 9.00 am to 7.00 pm, for the cost of a local call.
The service provides tourist and cultural information about the City of Rome. Through the service, you can also buy by credit card tickets for museums, theatres and events, and collect them at the box office. 060608 provides detailed and updated information on urban transport and mobility. The www.060608.it website, through interactive maps and aerial photographs, allows easier tracking of events and structures.

Paper maps can be found in Tourist Infopoints. Organisations and foundations may request maps and other materials in writing, stating the reasons for the request, to Dipartimento Turismo – Formazione e Lavoro (Via di San Basilio, 51 – 00187 Roma – fax +39 06 67104017). The request will be evaluated and, would it be approved, the above-mentioned office will provide free materials in a quantity it considers to be appropriate.

To find a map of the metro and all the info about public transport in Rome, please visit the official website of Atac: www.atac.roma.it, or call +39 06 57003.

By subscribing to the www.museiincomuneroma.it newsletter, provided in 4 languages, you will receive updated information about events end exhibitions held in the Civic Museums System.

For enquiries from Tourism Authorities and/or Institutions only, please write to turismo@comune.roma.it

2. What is the Roma Pass? How and where can I purchase it?
Roma Pass is a three-day tourist card that entitles the holder to free or discounted access to some of Rome's top museums, as well as free use of the public transport system. The Roma Pass can be purchased on line by visiting www.romapass.it, and/or through one of our Tourist Information Points when you arrive in Rome, or through our 060608 Contact Centre, our operators will guide you through the best options, and indicate the most convenient pick up location. When you purchase the Cards online, you are asked to select a place and date for pick-up. Once you have completed the details you will receive a confirmation code. Please show your code and ID to one of our staff at the chosen pick-up location.

3. When are museums free in Rome? Do children pay for public transport?
Please check the current regulations governing admission to museums and archaeological sites run by the Municipality at www.museiincomuneroma.it and under the heading "Tickets and Reservation" of each museum.
Please check the current regulations governing admission to museums and archaeological sites run by the State at www.beniculturali.it
The public transport is free to children under 10 years of age. (For more details please check the ATAC official site: www.atac.roma.it).

4. How do I get accommodation?
Please visit www.060608.it for a complete list of the structures located in Rome. If you click the Hospitality macro-area and then the Sleeping section, you will get all the information you need.

5. Can my dog enter Museums/public transport?
Dogs are not allowed in the Museum, except for guide dogs.
Animals (small-sized dogs, cats and birds) may travel on the first and last carriages of the regional rail lines, provided they are restrained (in a carry cage or muzzled and on a leash). A full-price ticket is required. Guide dogs (seeing-eye dogs) travel free.
A maximum of two dogs are allowed per bus.

6. Do I need permission to take photographs, videos or films in the City of Rome?
Yes, to take photographs or videos in the city of Rome, unless they were for personal use, you need permission (to be submitted at least 20 days before shooting begins) granted by to the Servizio Autorizzazioni Riprese Cinematografiche e Fotografiche di Roma Capitale (Authorisation Service for shooting films and taking photographs). You will need to fill in an Authorisation Form, available at the U.R.P. (Public Relations Office) of the Culture Department (Piazza Campitelli, 7 - tel. +39 06 67102964; Fax: +39 06 67108164).
To rent locations or shoot films and documentaries in Rome and in the Lazio region you must, instead, contact the Fondazione Roma Lazio Film Commission, Via Caio Mario, 7 - 00192 Roma - Italy, tel. +39 06 32600128; Fax: +39 06 9799 0817; www.romalaziofilmcommission.it

7. Can I reproduce photographic images or take photographs in museums and archaeological sites?
Yes, you can browse and buy on-line images of the museums and archaeological sites belonging to the Civic Museum Network: http://foto.museiincomuneroma.it

To shoot and/or reproduce photographic images you must submit a request to the museum or institution where the work of art of your interest is located. Some museums offer the opportunity to apply for permission for the photo reproduction on their websites:

Museo di Roma
Museo Napoleonico
Soprintendenza Speciale per i Beni Archeologici di Roma
Sovrintendenza Capitolina ai Beni Culturali

Archivio Capitolino
Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo e la Documentazione
Istituto Luce

To reproduce photographic images of the site www.turismoroma.it ,you must submit a request (liberatoria).

8. How do I get information and reports on the accommodation capacity in Rome?
On the www.enit.it you can find and download official information (thematic and monographic surveys) on tourism in the Italian regions.
Another useful website is www.ebtl.it, where you can purchase the latest statistics on tourism provided by Ente Bilaterale Turismo del Lazio (EBTL).
Surveys and statistics on State-owned museums, monuments, archaeological sites, archives and public libraries are available on the website of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities: www.statistica.beniculturali.it.
A survey on cultural resources conducted by the ISTAT (Italian National Institute of Statistics) is available at: www.istat.it.

Media gallery