An evocative place of great historical value, the well-known neoclassical style tower, restored in 1805 by the architect Giuseppe Valadier, was illuminated by 16 new LED projectors positioned in strategic points to enhance the contours and shape of the monument. Now, a warm light, with a high color rendering, envelops the beautiful tower that integrates perfectly into the atmosphere of the historic Roman bridge and the adjacent square.
For the accent lighting of the flag flying over the tower, a neutral light enhances the bright colors of the Italian flag.
The projectors and the energy-saving LED lamps have made it possible to create an innovative and sustainable project that combines energy-saving needs with urban decoration, especially in one of the most loved places by young Romans, an essential step in the Capitoline nightlife.
ACEA is already responsible for the new lighting in Piazza del Campidoglio, the Castle of Santa Severa, the Tempio Maggiore in Rome, Castel Sant’Angelo, the Colosseum, Santa Maria in Trastevere and the Pantheon.
Free guided tours are provided throughout the summer to enjoy this architectural jewel on the Tiber.