Dedicated to students and residents in the city and the 121 municipalities of the Metropolitan Area of Rome, the MIC is a privileged key to the Capital and an original gift idea to become a tourist in your own city and discover or admire with fresh eyes the Museums of Roma Capitale System.
The card is ideal for art and archaeology lovers, university students curious about the extraordinary civic museum collections, those who want to discover a detail of a work of art, visit a particular archaeological site or spend their free time immersing themselves in the history of the Eternal City.
The card entitles the holder to a reduced ticket for admission to exhibitions hosted in exhibition spaces that require separate ticketing. Online pre-purchase of the reduced ticket at the entrance is compulsory.
The MIC is the card of the Museum Network of Roma Capitale, which at a cost of 5 euro gives you for one year
- free and unlimited access to the 18 museums of the network *
- free access to 25 archeological sites in the city ** free guided tours with the curators of the Museum Network of Roma Capitale
- free guided tours with curators, thanks to the aMICi programme
- direct access to the museum, without queues
- free and direct access to special events such as Museum Night and Museums in Music
- 10% discount in museum cafés and bookshops
* include museums wich are always for free and free museums with MIC Card
** in some sites there is a separate payment for the guided tour by the cultural associations
Go to the Calendar of free events with the MIC.
Who can use the MIC Card?
- adult and resident in the metropolitan city of Rome
- students at public and private universities in the territory of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- resident in Rome or in the Metropolitan City of Rome
Where can you buy it?
To activate the purchase or the renewal of the MIC card go to an authorized point of sale within one month from the reservation with an identity document or proxy from the actual holder of the reservation.
To activate the first purchase, you must also present the completed and printed data request form.
- after 12 months the MIC must be renewed. You can do it in all the museums of the Network and in the Tourist Infopoints.
- you can give the MIC as a gift! All the info here
Free museums with MIC
- Musei Capitolini (MIC holders can buy a reduced ticket to access exhibition spaces)
- Centrale Montemartini
- Mercati di Traiano Museo dei Fori Imperiali
- Museo dell'Ara Pacis (MIC holders can buy a reduced ticket to access exhibition spaces)
- Museo di Roma (MIC holders can buy a reduced ticket to access exhibition spaces)
- Galleria d'Arte Moderna
- Museo di Roma in Trastevere
- Musei di Villa Torlonia (Casino dei Principi / Casino Nobile / Casina delle Civette/ Complesso della Serra Moresca )
- Museo Civico di Zoologia
Museums with free admission
- Museo di Scultura Antica Giovanni Barracco
- Museo delle Mura
- Museo di Casal de' Pazzi
- Villa di Massenzio
- Museo della Repubblica Romana e della memoria garibaldina
- Museo Napoleonico
- Museo Pietro Canonica a Villa Borghese
- Casa Museo Alberto Moravia
- Museo Carlo Bilotti Aranciera di Villa Borghese
- Viaggio nel Foro di Augusto (reduced ticket for MIC holders)
- Circo Maximo Experience (reduced ticket for MIC holders)
All archaeological sites
- Acquedotto Vergine di via del Nazareno
- Area archeologica del Circo Massimo
- Area archeologica del Sepolcro degli Scipioni
- Area archeologica di Settecamini
- Area Sacra di S. Omobono
- Casa dei Cavalieri di Rodi
- Colombario Pomponio Hylas
- Fontanone dell'Acqua Paola (Fontanone del Gianicolo)
- Fori Imperiali
- Insula dell'Ara Coeli
- Insula romana sotto Palazzo Specchi (case di San Paolo alla Regola)
- Ipogeo di via Livenza
- Ludus Magnus
- Mausoleo di Augusto
- Mausoleo Monte del Grano
- Mitreo dell'Ara Massima di Ercole (Mitreo del Circo Massimo)
- Monte Testaccio
- Mura di Aureliano da Porta Pinciana lungo via Campania
- Museo del Teatro Argentina
- Necropoli Ostiense (Sepolcreto Ostiense)
- Ninfeo dell'Uccelliera di Villa Celimontana
- Ninfeo di via degli Annibaldi
- Porta Asinaria
- Sepolcri repubblicani di via Statilia
- Trofei di Mario e Porta Magica