Anfiteatro Flavio (El Coliseo)

Condividi
In the square overlooked by the splendid Basilica of Santa Croce in Gerusalemme, there is a noteworthy fountain, built by Vittorio Cafiero in 1928.
Piazza Belli owes its name to Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli (1791- 1863), a Roman poet who wrote in Roman dialect and left with its sonnets a vivid picture of Rome of the first half of the 19th century
[...]It was designed by Francesco Fariello, Saverio Muratori, Ludovico Quaroni and Luigi Moretti, and features the 45-metre Stele to Guglielmo Marconi in the centre, celebrating the invention of the rad
[...]Piazza Santa Maria Liberatrice
Ponte del Risorgimento is a bridge connecting Piazzale delle Belle Arti with Piazza Monte Grappa in Rome's Flaminio and Della Vittoria districts.
Ponte della Magliana (223,62 mt long and 19,25 mt wide) connects the Portuense Quarter with the Via del Mare and the EUR Quarters.
A cycle-pedestrian structure on the Tiber river, located between Ponte dell'Industria and Ponte Marconi.
The bridge links the districts Regola and Trastevere and is named after Garibaldi. It was built in 1888 in memory of the history of Garibaldi’s wars and victories in the two worlds.
The construction of the bridge, dedicated to the scientist Guglielmo Marconi, began in 1937, the same year of his death. Due to the Second World War, work was suspended and resumed in 1953.
The bridge was destroyed and rebuilt several times during the centuries and was destroyed by Totila in 544 AD.
The Testaccio bridge connects the Testaccio riverfront to the Portuense district with a single reinforced concrete arch.
It was built in 1960 to a design by Vito Camiz, on the occasion of the 17th Olympic Games, to connect Via Olimpica with the Acqua Acetosa sports facilities; it is a road bridge over the Tiber River
[...]Porta Latina dal nome della via che l’attraversava era ad un solo arco con ai lati due torri semicircolari in laterizio.
The gate stands on what was once the southern boundary of the “Leonine City”, that is, the area enclosed by the walls built by Pope Leo IV as a defence against the Saracens who had sacked Rome in 8
[...]Closely connected to the new river port built at the end of the 3rd century BC south of the Aventino, the Porticus Aemilia was a vast complex of warehouses located in the area behind the Emporium,
[...]An interesting mix of industrial archaeology and popular tradition is the main feature of Ostiense, one of the capital's youngest and liveliest areas.
The San Lorenzo district takes its name from the nearby Basilica of San Lorenzo fuori le mura.
The San Lorenzo district takes its name from the nearby Basilica of San Lorenzo fuori le mura.
From October 2017 the church of Santa Marta al Collegio Romano, entrusted to the Central Institute for Restoration, will host Restauro Aperto.
Address: Via degli Stabilimenti, 5 - 00019 Tivoli (RM)The sanctuary of Hercules Vincitore, together with those of Gabii and Palestrina, is part of the great sanctuaries with theatre-temples in Lati
[...]
Condividi

Condividi

Condividi

Condividi

Condividi

Condividi

Condividi