Inaugurated with a solemn ceremony on 8 February 1914, the Waldensian temple in Piazza Cavour was built in a national-Protestant style, to be immediately identified as a church, but not a Catholic one.
The building, designed by architects Rutelli, Pazzi, and Bonci, was the first place of worship in Rome to be built with reinforced concrete load-bearing structures, cutting-edge technology for the period.
The very particular facade has two lateral cylindrical bodies that enclose the front elevation and two bell towers without bells.
The internal decoration of the temple, a true Art Nouveau Style jewel, is the work of Paolo Antonio Paschetto, professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Rome. He was also the author of the mosaic that you can admire on the church façade, the designs of the furnishings, and the beautiful stained-glass windows that adorn the temple made with the ancient and precious technique of lead binding.
For the timetable of the masses and visiting conditions, please consult the contacts.
Pour connaître tous les services d'accessibilité, visitez la section Rome accessible.