Dedicated to students and residents in the city and the 121 municipalities of the Metropolitan Area of Rome, the MIC is a privileged key to the Capital and an original gift idea to become a tourist in your own city and discover or admire with fresh eyes the Museums of Roma Capitale System.
The card is ideal for art and archaeology lovers, university students curious about the extraordinary civic museum collections, those who want to discover a detail of a work of art, visit a particular archaeological site or spend their free time immersing themselves in the history of the Eternal City.
The card entitles the holder to a reduced ticket for admission to exhibitions hosted in exhibition spaces that require separate ticketing. Online pre-purchase of the reduced ticket at the entrance is compulsory.
The MIC is the card of the Museum Network of Roma Capitale, which at a cost of 5 euro gives you for one year
- free and unlimited access to the 18 museums of the network *
- free access to some archeological sites in the city **
- free guided tours with curators, thanks to the aMICi programme
- direct access to the museum, without queues
- free and direct access to special events such as Museum Night and Museums in Music
- 10% discount in museum cafés and bookshops
* include museums wich are always for free and free museums with MIC Card
** in some sites there is a separate payment for the guided tour by the cultural associations
Go to the Calendar of free events with the MIC.
Who can use the MIC Card?
- adult and resident in the metropolitan city of Rome
- students at public and private universities in the territory of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- resident in Rome or in the Metropolitan City of Rome
Where can you buy it?
You can buy the MIC:
- in the following sales points of the network Museums
- Musei Capitolini, Centrale Montemartini, Mercati di Traiano Museo dei Fori Imperiali, Museo dell’Ara Pacis, Museo di Roma, Musei di Villa Torlonia – Casino Nobile, Galleria D’Arte Moderna, Museo di Roma in Trastevere, Museo Civico di Zoologia, Complesso della Serra Moresca, Planetario di Roma, Area Archeologica del Circo Massimo, Fori Imperiali-Colonna Traiana
Please remember that after 12 months the MIC card must be renewed. You can do it online, in all the Network Museums and the Tourist Infopoints.
You can give the MIC as a gift! All the info here